12 Jul Every Body Is Beautiful!
Your to do list is probably already way too long, but there’s something really important that all of us at Sweet Melissa’s Organic Sugar Scrubs would like you to put at the top of it. Every morning when you get up, please look in the mirror and say these words out loud: I am beautiful. And say them again and again and again. Every day.
It’s true: you are beautiful!
We truly believe that every body is beautiful! But we’re human, too. We all have days when we don’t feel that great about ourselves and the way we look. When that happens, it’s nice to have a reminder.
With that in mind, we searched the internet, looking for a little inspiration. We found some great quotes that helped us get back on track and that we hope might help you, too!
Bustle had some great quotes that are short but oh so sweet:
- “To me, beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “You are no less valuable at a size 16 than a size 4. You are no less valuable as a 32 A than a 32 C.” – Mary Lambert
- (Our favorite!!) “Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like. I promise.” – Emma Watson
- “Stop spending all day obsessing, cursing, perfecting your body like it’s all you’ve got to offer the world. Your body is not your art, it’s your paintbrush. Whether your paintbrush is a tall paintbrush or a thin paintbrush or a stocky paintbrush or a scratched up paintbrush is completely irrelevant. What is relevant is that YOU HAVE A PAINTBRUSH which can be used to transfer your insides onto the canvas of your life — where others can see it and be inspired and comforted by it.” –Glennon Doyle Melton
- “What if you wake up some day, and you’re 65, or 75, and you never got your memoir or novel written; or you didn’t go swimming in warm pools and oceans all those years because your thighs were jiggly and you had a nice big comfortable tummy; or you were just so strung out on perfectionism and people-pleasing that you forgot to have a big juicy creative life, of imagination and radical silliness and staring off into space like when you were a kid? It’s going to break your heart. Don’t let this happen.” –Anne Lamott
- 3. “Your self-esteem won’t come from body parts. You need to step away from the mirror every once in a while, and look for another reflection, like the one in the eyes of the people who love you and admire you.” –Stacy London
- (Put this one on a post-it note and stick it to your mirror!) “Beauty shouldn’t be about changing yourself to achieve an ideal or be more socially acceptable. Real beauty, the interesting, truly pleasing kind, is about honoring the beauty within you and without you. It’s about knowing that someone else’s definition of pretty has no hold over you.” – Golda Poretsky
- “Step Away from the Mean Girls…and say bye-bye to feeling bad about your looks.
Are you ready to stop colluding with a culture that makes so many of us feel physically inadequate? Say goodbye to your inner critic, and take this pledge to be kinder to yourself and others.
This is a call to arms. A call to be gentle, to be forgiving, to be generous with yourself. The next time you look into the mirror, try to let go of the story line that says you’re too fat or too sallow, too ashy or too old, your eyes are too small or your nose too big; just look into the mirror and see your face. When the criticism drops away, what you will see then is just you, without judgment, and that is the first step toward transforming your experience of the world.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.” – Amy Bloom
- “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” – Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
- “To lose confidence in one’s body is to lose confidence in oneself.”
― Simone de Beauvoir
Do something nice for yourself today!
Whether it is treating yourself to a new jar of Sweet Carolina Hand & Body Sugar Scrub, indulging in a bubbly bath, splurging on a new coloring book or playing with your furry friend for a few extra minutes, we hope you’ll do something that makes you happy every day. And never forget, you really are beautiful.